Our centre has recently been refurbished to a high standard and has a total of 7 loose boxes that can also be converted to stalls. There is a large Floodlit Outdoor Menage as well as a small fully enclosed Arena and a Round Pen and we have easy access to excellent off road trekking and riding. The Hayloft is a perfect area for teaching, socialising and getting warm on a chilly day with comfortable seating, a tea or coffee and free Wi-Fi Internet access available to all clients. We have our Tack Shop and Tuck Shop for those looking for something to buy or looking for something to eat. Downstairs we have our office and a disabled toilet and changing facility. The actual yard is inside and covered and is therefore ideal for teaching stable management or other activities that would normally be done outside.
- Outdoor Main Arena: 27m x 47m Wood Fibre
- Floodlit Outdoor Small Arena 12m x 26m Wood Chip, Very Sheltered
- Round Pen suitable for training horses and natural horsemanship
- Various Jumps, Poles, Driving Cones, Dressage Boards, etc
- Covered Stable Yard with 7 Loose Boxes or 3 boxes and 8 stalls
- Modern dry heated tack room and secure feed room and livery storage.
- Large Club Room (Hayloft) 15 x 4m suitable for training and recreation, fully heated.
- Office Facilities including e-mail, printing, photo-copying, fax etc.
- Kitchen and Cooking Facilities for making tea coffee and quick meals.
- Outdoor Catering Unit and Large Barbeque for running events
- Modern Public Address system with wireless remote microphones
- Large Car Parking Areas and good access for lorries and horse trailers
- Disabled Access to most areas and Disabled Toilet
- Dog Agility Arena and Equipment available at anytime
- Excellent access to Riding and Trails to suit for all abilities
- Highland Pony Heritage Centre and Display
- Coming Summer 2009, small cross country course
The Local Area
Failte - Welcome to Newtonmore
Nestling above the flood plain of the River Spey, in Britain's largest National Park, between the magnificent Cairngorms, and the mystical Monadhliath Mountains, you arrive at the wonderful Highland village of Newtonmore, home of the Clan Macpherson and the hit TV series Monarch of the Glen.
The ancient village of Newtonmore is a wonderful place to stay or visit, with an array of facilities to suit all. Conveniently located just off the A9 you can be sure of a warm welcome in this friendly Highland village.
Newtonmore offers our visitors a range of quality hotels, bed and breakfast and self catering facilities, shops, cafes and restaurants. Local leisure activities include fishing, golf, hill walking, mountain biking, riverside walks, sailing, skiing, and of course, quality riding at the Newtonmore Riding Centre.
A short drive or a brisk walk takes you to Kingussie, a town very similar to Newtonmore, offering excellent facilities and additional shopping opportunities.
Our location is an excellent base for those wishing to explore the delights of the Highlands, town such as Aviemore, Fort William and Grantown on Spey are only a short drive away, for further information please visit our distances and directions page.
For those planning on staying here for a wee while we can assist you with your plans whilst you are not riding, simply contact us stating your preferred leisure activities and we will do our utmost to give you numerous options for you to consider, once you have made your choice we will provide you with all the information you need in order to plan your stay.
Also why not take the time to visit our local community website, www.newtonmore.com,